- 1 How do you control extreme behavior on a school bus?
- 2 How do you handle a fight on a school bus?
- 3 Can you pass a school bus with hazards on?
- 4 When should the 2 way radio on a school bus be used?
- 5 How should you behave on a bus?
- 6 How should you behave on a school bus?
- 7 How do you manage school transport?
- 8 How do you annoy a school bus driver?
- 9 What are some of the things you can do to operate the bus safely?
- 10 When a school bus is stopped and has its red warning lights on?
- 11 What do school bus lights mean?
- 12 How do school bus lights work?
- 13 What type of radios do school buses use?
- 14 Why do schools use walkie talkies?
- 15 Do school buses have radios?
How do you control extreme behavior on a school bus?
If a situation of extreme behavior ever does occur on the school bus, keep these two points in mind as you follow this procedure: A. Slowly and calmly pull the bus over to the side of the road and stop. Do not continue driving with out of control students.
How do you handle a fight on a school bus?
Don’t do nothing
- Immediately notify dispatch that there is a fight on your bus.
- Provide your bus location.
- Pull off to a safe area if possible.
- Stop and secure the bus.
- Provide directives to the students near the combatants to distance themselves from the combatants.
Can you pass a school bus with hazards on?
Hazard Lights – Proceed with caution. Motorists are allowed to pass the bus when these lights are on, but they are warned to be extremely cautious and alert while doing so. Flashing red lights signal that all traffic in both directions must stop immediately.
When should the 2 way radio on a school bus be used?
Two-way radios are used from the start of the day when traffic requires directing to the end of the day when the school traffic returns, and it’s not just traffic.
How should you behave on a bus?
Behavior on the Bus
- Never stand or switch seats while the bus is in motion.
- Keep aisle clear.
- Talk quietly amongst themselves.
- Never throw objects on the bus.
- Never throw objects out the windows.
- Never put head or arms out the window.
- Never use foul language.
How should you behave on a school bus?
Behave at the school bus stop so as not to threaten life, limb or property of any individual. Go directly to a seat (empty or assigned) so the bus may safely resume motion. Remain seated, keeping aisles and exits clear. Observe classroom conduct and obey drivers promptly and respectfully.
How do you manage school transport?
How to Manage School Transport Effectively
- Manage Routes.
- Bus Station Allocation.
- Accurate bus timings.
- Appropriate Fee Structures.
- Allocate Appropriate Routes for Staffs and Students.
- School Bus Attendance.
- Student Safety.
- Fleet Tracking.
How do you annoy a school bus driver?
10 Ways To Annoy Bus Drivers
- When the bus stops make sure your the only one getting on the when the doors open put your foot down and tie your shoe laces then when your done just walk away like nothing happened.
- Don’t touch on or off and say My mum’s cousions aunties dead dog at my myki.
What are some of the things you can do to operate the bus safely?
Rules for Riding the Bus Safely
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
When a school bus is stopped and has its red warning lights on?
When a school bus is stopped and flashing its red lights, drivers approaching from both directions must stop. This is because children are being loaded or unloaded. The drivers cannot proceed until the bus begins moving, or the bus driver signals to let vehicles pass, or the red lights are no longer flashing.
What do school bus lights mean?
According to the California law (CVC 22454), motorists must remain stopped as long as the red lights on the school bus are flashing. Some school buses flash yellow lights when preparing to stop to let children off the bus. The yellow lights are a warning to driver to slow down and prepare to stop.
How do school bus lights work?
Bus Light System The two amber lights on both the front and the rear of each school bus are Warning Lights used just before the bus comes to a stop to load or unload children. The driver activates the amber lights in rural areas a distance of 500 feet from the stop.
What type of radios do school buses use?
Two-way radios are approved for use while driving by the U.S. Department of Transportation – unlike cell phones. School bus drivers can safety use radios to keep in contact with each other, dispatchers and administrators while they’re in motion.
Why do schools use walkie talkies?
Walkie-talkies allow users to quickly alert everyone on a channel at once, and have a longer battery life than a cell phone. “Sadly we need our schools to be prepared for any type of emergency. In 2018, there were 87 school shootings, and since 1970 school shootings have claimed 716 lives.
Do school buses have radios?
In California, state law requires that there be a two-way radio in every school bus.