- 1 When passing a stopped school bus you do not need to end if quizlet?
- 2 How far should you stop from a stopped school bus?
- 3 When should you stop for a stopped school bus quizlet?
- 4 Which of the following is something you must do when aiding the injured in a crash?
- 5 What is the three second rule?
- 6 What three questions should you ask yourself before passing?
- 7 What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to make a turn?
- 8 What should you do if you are driving nearest stopped school bus with flashing lights?
- 9 What does it mean when a school bus is stopped and it’s red lights are flashing?
- 10 When you come to a four way stop who has the right away?
- 11 What are 5 pieces of information you need to provide if you are in a crash?
- 12 Should the headlights fail completely the driver should first?
- 13 Where do most crashes happen?
When passing a stopped school bus you do not need to end if quizlet?
Are you required to stop? No, when you are approaching a stopped school bus from the opposite direction on a road that has two or more lanes in each direction, you are not required to stop and may continue carefully. This is the only time you can pass a school bus that displays flashing red lights.
How far should you stop from a stopped school bus?
You must come to a full stop about 20 metres (about 4 to 5 car lengths) away from the school bus. This distance allows drivers of other vehicles behind you to see the flashing lights and students crossing the highway.
When should you stop for a stopped school bus quizlet?
Terms in this set (4) What should you do when approaching a school bus? When approaching a school bus that displays flashing red lights or a stop signal, the vehicle must come to a full stop and remain in this position while the bus is stopped.
Which of the following is something you must do when aiding the injured in a crash?
You must do all of the following when aiding the injured in a crash EXCEPT: you should move the victim.
What is the three second rule?
Basically, you should always allow three full seconds between yourself and the vehicle in front of you. If you find that you’ve passed the marker point before you finish counting the three seconds, you are following the other vehicle too closely. This simple rule works no matter what speed you’re traveling at.
What three questions should you ask yourself before passing?
So, before you pass a vehicle, ask yourself:
- Is it legal?
- Is it safe?
- Is it worth it?
What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to make a turn?
First you will need to stop at the stop line, make sure that you do not interfere with pedestrians, bicyclists, or vehicles moving on their green light, and make a turn. If a street has a left turn lane, you must use it when you turn left.
What should you do if you are driving nearest stopped school bus with flashing lights?
When a school bus is stopped and flashing its red lights, drivers approaching from both directions must stop. This is because children are being loaded or unloaded. The drivers cannot proceed until the bus begins moving, or the bus driver signals to let vehicles pass, or the red lights are no longer flashing.
What does it mean when a school bus is stopped and it’s red lights are flashing?
FLASHING RED LIGHTS ON SCHOOL BUSES MEANS OTHER VEHICLES MUST STOP. A school bus stops to drop off children. These flashing lights mean the bus is picking up or discharging students and you need to STOP even on divided and multi-lane highways.
When you come to a four way stop who has the right away?
Yield to right. When two vehicles arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, and are located side-by-side, the vehicle furthest to the right has the right of way. If three vehicles arrive at the same time, the car furthest left should continue to yield until both of the other cars to the right of them have passed.
What are 5 pieces of information you need to provide if you are in a crash?
Here are the top 5 pieces of info to gather, prepare, and organize after a car accident.
- Police Report. After a car accident, you should call 911 immediately.
- Medical Records.
- Records Related to Your Job.
- Vehicle Damage Estimates and Proof of Vehicle Value.
- Car Accident Diary or Journal.
Should the headlights fail completely the driver should first?
When your headlights fail while driving, your first course of action should be to reduce your speed. Reduced visibility means you will need more time to react and stop, so increasing your following distance is essential.
Where do most crashes happen?
Most car crashes occur close to home. In fact, according to a study performed by Progressive Insurance Company back in 2004, 52 percent of car accidents occur within 5 miles of a person’s home. Auto accidents occur close to home because people generally let their guard down after they get off of the busy streets.