- 1 What are Missouri CDL requirements?
- 2 How do I get a Missouri bus license?
- 3 What do I need to renew my CDL in Missouri?
- 4 Do you need a CDL to drive a bus in Missouri?
- 5 Can a felon drive a school bus in Missouri?
- 6 What is a Class B driver’s license in Missouri?
- 7 How do you get a Class B license in Missouri?
- 8 How much does it cost to renew a CDL license in Missouri?
- 9 How long do I have to renew my drivers license in Missouri?
- 10 Can you renew your license online in Missouri?
- 11 How many times can you take your CDL test in Missouri?
- 12 How do I get an air brake endorsement in Missouri?
- 13 What class is a chauffeur’s license in Missouri?
What are Missouri CDL requirements?
How Can I Get My CDL in Missouri?
- Age – You must be 18 years old to drive commercial intrastate (within Missouri only).
- Residency – You must be a Missouri Resident and a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- License – You must hold a current and valid non-commercial driver’s license in Missouri.
How do I get a Missouri bus license?
Pass a driving skills test in a school bus of the same vehicle group, as the school bus applicant will drive. Take your permit and skills test results to your local license office to apply for a new CDL with the P and S endorsements.
What do I need to renew my CDL in Missouri?
To renew your Missouri commercial driver’s license, visit your local DOR office and provide your:
- Social Security number.
- Proof of: Identity. Birth date. Birth place. Residency.
- Payment for the CDL renewal fee(s). See the fees section for a detailed breakdown of costs.
Do you need a CDL to drive a bus in Missouri?
In Missouri all school bus drivers must be a minimum age of twenty-one. In addition, all school bus drivers must possess a current and valid CDL license with the “S” endorsement. All school bus drivers must receive an annual physical examination.
Can a felon drive a school bus in Missouri?
Commercial drivers who were convicted of felonies may not be granted the right to operate school buses. However, they may still be able to work for large bus operators.
What is a Class B driver’s license in Missouri?
Missouri CDL Permit Test – Knowledge Test Class B. Directions: This license is required for driving a single vehicle with a GVWR of more than 26,001 pounds, and a trailer not to exceed 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight rating, or a vehicle designed to transport 24 or more people (including the driver).
How do you get a Class B license in Missouri?
How to get a Missouri Class B CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
- Provide documentation and pay fees.
- Provide Medical Certificate.
- Pass applicable written test(s) to obtain a Missouri CDL B permit (General Knowledge and Air Brakes*) *Air Brakes Test not needed if you will NEVER drive a vehicle with air brakes.
How much does it cost to renew a CDL license in Missouri?
To renew a commercial driver’s license in Missouri costs $75, the same fee as for an original CDL. To renew a school board CDL costs $48, also the same as the original fee for the credential.
How long do I have to renew my drivers license in Missouri?
The standard grace period to renew a Missouri driver license (without having to retest) is 6-months after the expiration date on the license.
Can you renew your license online in Missouri?
You may renew your license plates online, by mail, or at any Missouri license office. To renew your license plates, you will need: Your Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice.
How many times can you take your CDL test in Missouri?
You are allowed only one test attempt per day and must start from the very beginning on each attempt. Be sure to download and study the Missouri Commercial Driver License Manual as it contains pertinent information that will help you pass the CDL Skills Test.
How do I get an air brake endorsement in Missouri?
To drive a vehicle with air brakes, you must pass the air brake component of the Missouri CDL knowledge test. The MO CDL air brakes test consists of 25 questions, and you’ll need at least 20 correct answers to pass (80%). The test covers the information found in the air brakes section of the Missouri CDL Manual.
What class is a chauffeur’s license in Missouri?
Class E Driver’s Licenses The MO Class E driver’s license is commonly known as a chauffeur license. You may need this license if you drive a motor vehicle for employment purposes that fits any of the following criteria: Carries 14 passengers or less.