- 1 What makes you a good bus driver?
- 2 What skills do you need to be a school bus driver?
- 3 Is driving a school bus difficult?
- 4 What has attracted you to becoming a bus operator?
- 5 Who drives the bus?
- 6 What is the responsibility of a school bus driver?
- 7 What are school bus duties?
- 8 What is a bus driver duties?
- 9 Is driving a school bus a good job?
- 10 Why are bus drivers so mean?
- 11 Do school bus drivers make on snow days?
- 12 Is being a bus driver stressful?
- 13 What state pays the most for school Bus Drivers?
- 14 How do bus driver shifts work?
What makes you a good bus driver?
A good bus driver will make passengers feel comfortable and welcome from the moment they step on. They should be friendly, greeting everyone with a smile, and willing to interact a bit with the people they’re driving. When passengers have a fun travel experience, they’re more likely to come back.
What skills do you need to be a school bus driver?
Bus drivers need to possess:
- good health and vision.
- communication skills.
- diplomacy and courtesy in dealing with the public.
- the ability to be pleasant from the first passenger to the last passenger each day.
- the ability to remain alert.
- good judgment.
- attention to detail (when inspecting vehicles)
Is driving a school bus difficult?
School districts across the country are struggling to fill vital school bus driver positions. There’s a reason that great school bus drivers are difficult to find and keep: driving a school bus requires more than just driving skill and patience. The job requires a unique skill set, and it’s not as easy as you’d think.
What has attracted you to becoming a bus operator?
What are your strengths? (Talk about things that make you a good candidate for a bus driver position, such as patience, focus, great driving skills, good communication skills, etc. Show some confidence in your answer.)
Who drives the bus?
A person who drives bus is called DRIVER.
What is the responsibility of a school bus driver?
1. Operate a school bus by assessing traffic and road conditions, monitoring student behavior and other factors necessary to safely deliver student passengers to and from school by adhering to state laws and school district policies. Drivers will be evaluated on driving and student management skills annually.
What are school bus duties?
Bus duty is the duty when a teacher must look after students who ride the bus either in the mornings, the afternoons, or both. At my school, teachers only have bus duty in the mornings. The students stay in their assigned rooms until the buses leave in the afternoons.
What is a bus driver duties?
A bus driver is trained to drive a bus, and may work for private clients, transportation services and schools. Their primary responsibility is to follow an assigned route and pick up passengers along that route. They take these passengers to specified destinations along their route.
Is driving a school bus a good job?
Good Paying Job. A career in the bus driving industry can mean making up to $44,000 per year. Extra earning opportunities are usually available as well. There are also several opportunities to pick up extra hours, as well as receive employee benefits from the school.
Why are bus drivers so mean?
There’s a perception amongst the general public that drivers can sometimes be rude which stems from their quiet nature and overall, general lack of interaction with passengers. The reality is that drivers are not ignoring us to be rude. They are simply focusing on the task in front of them which is very important.
Do school bus drivers make on snow days?
(3/1/2018) – When schools take a snow day, bus drivers get the day off like everyone else — but they don’t get paid.
Is being a bus driver stressful?
Drivers face many external pressures but often have relatively little control over their environment, a combination that makes bus driving, as The Journal of Occupational Health Psychologywrites, “a classic example of a high-stress occupation.” One Dutch psychologist, noting the competing demands for staying on
What state pays the most for school Bus Drivers?
The states and districts that pay Bus Drivers the highest mean salary are New York ($62,060), Washington ($57,880), Alaska ($55,550), Massachusetts ($54,720), and California ($51,700).
How do bus driver shifts work?
You are correct that the rota for route 470 has 12-hour shifts for two or three consecutive days. However, within this period, there is non-driving time of over five hours each day and a minimum rest time of 10 hours and 30 minutes between each shift.