- 1 How do I become a school bus driver in Washington?
- 2 How long does it take to train to be a school bus driver?
- 3 What are the 3 types of Washington State Patrol inspections for school buses?
- 4 Who drives the bus?
- 5 Is driving a school bus a good job?
- 6 Is driving a bus hard?
- 7 Is learning to drive a school bus hard?
- 8 What skills does a bus driver need?
- 9 What is another name for bus driver?
- 10 How do I train to be a bus driver?
How do I become a school bus driver in Washington?
To become an authorized school bus driver instructor in Washington State, qualified applicants must complete a two-week Instructor Training Course. Once certified, school bus driver instructors are required to complete annual Inservice Training.
How long does it take to train to be a school bus driver?
Every school bus driver must successfully complete a minimum of 40 hours of course instruction.
What are the 3 types of Washington State Patrol inspections for school buses?
School bus inspections, (INITIAL, ROUTINE, ANNUAL (100 percent and 25 percent), COLLISION, REINSPECT, REPOWER, and REBUILT ), will be conducted by Washington State Patrol (WSP) personnel.
Who drives the bus?
A person who drives bus is called DRIVER.
Is driving a school bus a good job?
Good Paying Job. A career in the bus driving industry can mean making up to $44,000 per year. Extra earning opportunities are usually available as well. There are also several opportunities to pick up extra hours, as well as receive employee benefits from the school.
Is driving a bus hard?
Driving a bus is not that much more complicated than driving a car. You do have to be more careful, given the length and weight of a bus, as well as the responsibility you have to your passengers. However, the basics are the same, though you may need to learn to shift if you’ve never driven a standard before.
Is learning to drive a school bus hard?
School districts across the country are struggling to fill vital school bus driver positions. There’s a reason that great school bus drivers are difficult to find and keep: driving a school bus requires more than just driving skill and patience. The job requires a unique skill set, and it’s not as easy as you’d think.
What skills does a bus driver need?
As a Bus Driver, what are the key skills I need to have?
- Excellent knowledge of the roads and routes you’re driving on.
- Confident driving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the highway code and traffic regulations.
- Patient, responsible, assertive and understanding manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
What is another name for bus driver?
Synonyms for Bus driver
- busman. n.
- driver. adv.
- engineer. n.
- autobus driver.
- bus conductor.
How do I train to be a bus driver?
To become a bus or coach driver, you will need to complete training for a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) licence and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC Driver). To start training with a company, you must hold a full EU driving licence and be aged at least 18.