- 1 When a school bus stops to load or unload passengers on a 2 way street with no median What do you do?
- 2 How do you handle school buses when driving?
- 3 When you see a school bus traveling on the opposite side on a two lane two way roadway you must stop?
- 4 Can you pass a school bus with flashing yellow lights in Georgia?
- 5 When a school bus is loading or unloading students you do not need to stop?
- 6 When you see a stopped local bus?
- 7 Is a bus safer than a car?
- 8 What are the different sizes of school buses?
- 9 Who drives the bus?
- 10 How many feet should you stay behind a school bus?
- 11 What must a driver do at a flashing yellow light?
- 12 What do yellow lights on a school bus mean?
- 13 Can you go around a school bus if the stop sign is not out?
- 14 When you come to a four way stop who has the right away?
When a school bus stops to load or unload passengers on a 2 way street with no median What do you do?
Four Lane Roadway Without A Median: When a school bus stops for passengers, all traffic from both directions must stop. Divided Highway With Four Lanes Or More With A Median Separation: When a school bus stops for passengers, only traffic following the bus must stop.
How do you handle school buses when driving?
Safety tips for the school bus drivers
- Be aware of your environment.
- Follow the speed limit (and the LAW) especially in school zones and at bus stops.
- Slow down and prepare to stop if another bus is flashing its lights.
- Pay attention to flashing lights and never pass another vehicle with the stop-arm extended.
When you see a school bus traveling on the opposite side on a two lane two way roadway you must stop?
You must stop for a school bus that has its red lights flashing, whether it is the same or the opposite side of a two-lane road. You are not required to stop if the bus is on the opposite side of a road that has three or more marked traffic lanes, or that is divided by a median or physical barrier.
Can you pass a school bus with flashing yellow lights in Georgia?
You should slow down when approaching a school bus that is flashing its yellow warning lights (a telltale sign the bus is preparing to load or unload passengers). It’s illegal for a vehicle to pass a bus with its red lights flashing.
When a school bus is loading or unloading students you do not need to stop?
You must stop at least thirty feet from a stopped school bus that is loading or unloading children. This is required by law whether you are meeting the bus or traveling behind it.
When you see a stopped local bus?
When you see a stopped local bus (1 point) you must stop if you are facing it. you must stop if you are directly behind it. wait for its lights to stop flashing. be alert for pedestrians near the bus.
Is a bus safer than a car?
Overview. The school bus is the safest vehicle on the road —your child is much safer taking a bus to and from school than traveling by car. Although four to six school-age children die each year on school transportation vehicles, that’s less than one percent of all traffic fatalities nationwide.
What are the different sizes of school buses?
School buses range anywhere from 20 to 45 feet in length. In general, buses that are 20-25 feet long are considered mini or short. While buses that are 25-35 feet long fall into the mid-size category, and buses over 35 feet are full-sized.
Who drives the bus?
A person who drives bus is called DRIVER.
How many feet should you stay behind a school bus?
Vehicles approaching a school bus from the front or rear that has stopped and is displaying flashing red warning lights, must stop not less than 20 feet from the bus and must remain stopped until the bus resumes motion.
What must a driver do at a flashing yellow light?
A flashing yellow light warns drivers to slow down and proceed with caution. Drivers may turn left on a green light. However, drivers must yield the right-of-way if other traffic is approaching from the opposite direction.
What do yellow lights on a school bus mean?
If you see flashing yellow lights, that means the school bus is about to stop. If you’re going the opposite direction, though, passing a school bus with flashing yellow lights is okay. If you see flashing red lights, that means the bus has stopped and is loading or unloading students.
Can you go around a school bus if the stop sign is not out?
Cars can pass the school bus after the stop sign is no longer out, the school bus has begun driving or the bus driver signals you can pass. When there are four lanes, the side of traffic without a stopped school bus can continue driving, preferably cautiously.
When you come to a four way stop who has the right away?
Yield to right. When two vehicles arrive at a 4-way stop at the same time, and are located side-by-side, the vehicle furthest to the right has the right of way. If three vehicles arrive at the same time, the car furthest left should continue to yield until both of the other cars to the right of them have passed.