- 1 What is the fine for passing a school bus in Washington state?
- 2 How much is a ticket for going around a school bus?
- 3 Can you pass a school bus with yellow flashing lights in Washington state?
- 4 What are the consequences of passing a school bus?
- 5 When can you pass a school bus in Washington state?
- 6 Do school buses have cameras in Washington state?
- 7 Can you go around a school bus?
- 8 What side do you pass a trolley on?
- 9 When a school bus is loading or unloading students you do not need to stop?
- 10 What must a driver do at a flashing yellow light?
- 11 How fast can you go when passing a car?
- 12 When you see a stopped local bus?
- 13 What do flashing red lights on a school bus mean?
- 14 When changing lanes do not attempt to pass if you can not see at least?
- 15 Can bus drivers report?
What is the fine for passing a school bus in Washington state?
The penalty for passing a stopped school bus in Washington state is as much as $500.
How much is a ticket for going around a school bus?
Passing a stopped school bus on the right is a fine of $500 to $1,200 and license suspension of 30 days for first offense, no less than 30 days for second offense and 30 days to 120 days for subsequent offenses. Six (6) points assessed against driving record. Must stop at least 25 feet away from a school bus.
Can you pass a school bus with yellow flashing lights in Washington state?
Yellow flashing lights on the front and back indicate a bus is about to stop to load or unload students, so motorists should slow down and be prepared to stop. Drivers caught illegally passing must pay a $394 citation, according to the Washington State Patrol.
What are the consequences of passing a school bus?
In California, the fine for passing a school bus can be up to $600, according to the California Highway Patrol. Bus drivers are able to file the reports against drivers who pass the school bus within 24 hours of the incident. When on a two-lane road without a median, traffic on both sides of the road must stop.
When can you pass a school bus in Washington state?
If you’re on a road with three or more lanes, you need to stop if you’re traveling in the same direction as the bus. If you’re traveling in the opposite direction, you can keep going. If you are on a road with a turn lane in the middle, cars going in the same direction should stop.
Do school buses have cameras in Washington state?
(1) School districts may install and operate automated school bus safety cameras on school buses to be used for the detection of violations of RCW 46.61. 370(1) if the use of the cameras is approved by a vote of the school district board of directors.
Can you go around a school bus?
You must remain stopped as long as the red lights flash or the stop arm is out. The only exception to this is where you are approaching the bus from the opposite direction on a road with at least two lanes in each direction. When overtaking a school bus, you may not pass when red or amber warning lights are flashing.
What side do you pass a trolley on?
When a bus, streetcar, or trolley is stopped at a safety zone or at an intersection where traffic is controlled by a peace officer or traffic signal light, you may pass at no more than 10 mph.Do not overtake and pass any light-rail vehicle or streetcar on the left side, whether it is moving or standing.
When a school bus is loading or unloading students you do not need to stop?
You must stop at least thirty feet from a stopped school bus that is loading or unloading children. This is required by law whether you are meeting the bus or traveling behind it.
What must a driver do at a flashing yellow light?
A flashing yellow light warns drivers to slow down and proceed with caution. Drivers may turn left on a green light. However, drivers must yield the right-of-way if other traffic is approaching from the opposite direction.
How fast can you go when passing a car?
The passing speed limit, when safe to pass, is no more than 10 mph. This speed limit applies at a safety zone or an intersection where a streetcar, trolley, or bus is stopped and traffic is controlled by a police officer or traffic signal.
When you see a stopped local bus?
When you see a stopped local bus (1 point) you must stop if you are facing it. you must stop if you are directly behind it. wait for its lights to stop flashing. be alert for pedestrians near the bus.
What do flashing red lights on a school bus mean?
FLASHING RED LIGHTS ON SCHOOL BUSES MEANS OTHER VEHICLES MUST STOP. A school bus stops to drop off children. These flashing lights mean the bus is picking up or discharging students and you need to STOP even on divided and multi-lane highways.
When changing lanes do not attempt to pass if you can not see at least?
you should: Try to look ahead at least 12 seconds to make sure you are alert to changing traffic and road conditions such as roadwork, congestion, heavy traffic, slow traffic, or stop and go traffic. Always signal at least five seconds before changing lanes.
Can bus drivers report?
He can make a complaint against you of bad driving, you will need to be NIP’d by the Police within 14 days. You don’t need special Police powers to complain about any alleged offence.