- 1 How do you deal with a mean school bus driver?
- 2 Can a school bus driver report you in Ontario?
- 3 Are bus drivers responsible?
- 4 Is being a school bus driver fun?
- 5 How should you behave on a school bus?
- 6 How do I become a school bus driver in Ontario?
- 7 Will I get a ticket in the mail for passing a school bus Ontario?
- 8 How long do school bus cameras keep footage?
- 9 What skills do you need to be a bus driver?
- 10 What is the main responsibility of the bus?
- 11 Who drives the bus?
- 12 Is driving a bus difficult?
- 13 Why are school bus drivers so rude?
- 14 Is learning to drive a school bus hard?
How do you deal with a mean school bus driver?
Write down all bad behaviors that have been witnessed or discussed regarding the bus driver. Include items such as talking on a cell phone while driving, using inappropriate language while talking to children, excessive discipline, smoking or or actions that are in violation of acceptable school employee behaviors.
Can a school bus driver report you in Ontario?
In Ontario, school-bus drivers and other witnesses can report vehicles that have illegally passed a school bus. You can report a vehicle that doesn’t stop properly for a school bus to police immediately by calling 911. You may also go to a police station to make a report.
Are bus drivers responsible?
Bus drivers travel along local routes, making scheduled stops along the way to pick up and drop off passengers. Duties would include: taking fares and giving tickets. checking transport passes.
Is being a school bus driver fun?
If you love kids, a career as a bus driver could be very rewarding. Having the ability to make the children feel comfortable is just as important as knowing how to drive the bus. The duties of a school bus driver aren’t just confined to driving. You become an important and steady person in these young children’s lives.
How should you behave on a school bus?
Behave at the school bus stop so as not to threaten life, limb or property of any individual. Go directly to a seat (empty or assigned) so the bus may safely resume motion. Remain seated, keeping aisles and exits clear. Observe classroom conduct and obey drivers promptly and respectfully.
How do I become a school bus driver in Ontario?
- be at least 18 years old.
- hold a valid Ontario licence other than G1, G2, M, M1 or M2.
- pass an vision test.
- submit a valid medical report.
- pass a knowledge test about operating school buses and trucks (Class C only)
- pass a road test using a vehicle that meets the requirements for a Class C or F.
Will I get a ticket in the mail for passing a school bus Ontario?
Yes you can get a ticket in the mail.
How long do school bus cameras keep footage?
A 4: On average, the footage recorded by school security cameras would be kept for about 30-90 days, but the recording period would vary among schools and intuitions. The school security monitoring systems will automatically overwrite the oldest recorded videos once the storage space runs out.
What skills do you need to be a bus driver?
As a Bus Driver, what are the key skills I need to have?
- Excellent knowledge of the roads and routes you’re driving on.
- Confident driving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the highway code and traffic regulations.
- Patient, responsible, assertive and understanding manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
What is the main responsibility of the bus?
They transport people through local routes, making scheduled stops to pick up and drop off passengers. These drivers can also transport communities, hospital patients, elderly people, and schoolchildren to different destinations. A Bus Driver usually performs many of the following tasks: Checking transport passes.
Who drives the bus?
A person who drives bus is called DRIVER.
Is driving a bus difficult?
Driving a bus is not that much more complicated than driving a car. You do have to be more careful, given the length and weight of a bus, as well as the responsibility you have to your passengers. However, the basics are the same, though you may need to learn to shift if you’ve never driven a standard before.
Why are school bus drivers so rude?
There’s a perception amongst the general public that drivers can sometimes be rude which stems from their quiet nature and overall, general lack of interaction with passengers. The reality is that drivers are not ignoring us to be rude. They are simply focusing on the task in front of them which is very important.
Is learning to drive a school bus hard?
School districts across the country are struggling to fill vital school bus driver positions. There’s a reason that great school bus drivers are difficult to find and keep: driving a school bus requires more than just driving skill and patience. The job requires a unique skill set, and it’s not as easy as you’d think.