- 1 How do you evacuate a school bus?
- 2 How do you evacuate a bus?
- 3 What is the protocol for emergency evacuation?
- 4 When evacuating the house during an emergency list 4 major things you need in that kit?
- 5 Why are school buses safer than cars?
- 6 How many feet from the school bus should the safe assembly point for riders be located?
- 7 What are 3 stages of evacuation?
- 8 What are the 3 steps in the emergency action plan?
- 9 What are the five steps of emergency planning?
- 10 What are your top 10 survival items?
- 11 What are the 6 P’s for evacuation?
- 12 What are 10 items in a emergency kit?
How do you evacuate a school bus?
Park the bus as close to the shoulder of the road or safe zone as quick as possible • Turn hazard lights on. Set the parking brake. Turn the engine off. bus is on the side, use the roof hatches as well as the emergency doors on the up side to evacuate students.
How do you evacuate a bus?
- Park the bus as close to the shoulder of the road as possible.
- Stand facing the rear of the bus.
- Give the command: “Remain seated; prepare to evacuate.”
- Turn toward the front of the bus.
- Move backwards to the first occupied seat.
- Starting with either the left or the right seat:
What is the protocol for emergency evacuation?
Call 911 immediately and provide information. Assist injured personnel or notify emergency responders of the medical emergency. Exit the building following emergency maps. Assist physically impaired individuals to a secure area and notify emergency responders.
When evacuating the house during an emergency list 4 major things you need in that kit?
Create pet grab-and-go kits that include leashes, medications, meal bowls, and three days worth of food and water. Have copies of important papers.
- Your driver’s license.
- The deed to your house.
- Proof of insurance.
- Medical records.
- Social security cards.
- A list of personal contacts.
Why are school buses safer than cars?
Large school buses are heavier and distribute crash forces differently than passenger cars and light trucks do. Because of these differences, bus passengers experience much less crash force than those in passenger cars, light trucks and vans.
How many feet from the school bus should the safe assembly point for riders be located?
Suggested answers: 100 feet (40 paces) or more away from the bus (300 feet or about one football field is best) Away from traffic. Space for all riders.
What are 3 stages of evacuation?
In care premises, evacuations fall into three categories: Single-stage: If all residents are deemed independent of help, all residents can evacuate immediately with minimal assistance. Progressive horizontal: Occasions when most residents are dependent on staff assistance for a successful evacuation.
What are the 3 steps in the emergency action plan?
3 Steps to Create an Emergency Evacuation Plan
- Determine evacuation procedures and emergency escape route assignments.
- Implement a clear chain of command and designation of the person authorized to order an evacuation.
- Create procedures to account for all employees after an emergency evacuation.
What are the five steps of emergency planning?
The steps are simple, but it takes time to find out what you could be facing and determine resources you need both inside the company and beyond.
- Step One Assess your needs.
- Step Two Create a written policy.
- Step Three Plan levels of response.
- Step Four Train your personnel.
- Step Five Do the audits.
What are your top 10 survival items?
10 Items to Add to Your Wilderness Survival Kit
- Map & Compass. Technology can be a great tool, especially with GPS, however it’s important to not solely depend on your smartphone when you’re lost in the backcountry.
- First-Aid Kit.
- Signal Mirror.
- Fire Starter.
- Water Purification System.
- Fishing Line and Hooks.
What are the 6 P’s for evacuation?
Keep These Six “P’s” Ready In Case Immediate Evacuation Is Required:
- People and pets.
- Papers, phone numbers, and important documents.
- Prescriptions, vitamins, and eyeglasses.
- Pictures and irreplaceable memorabilia.
- Personal computer hard drive and disks.
- “Plastic” (credit cards, ATM cards) and cash.
What are 10 items in a emergency kit?
Here are some of our top picks:
- Three-day supply of water, with one gallon of water per person per day.
- Three-day supply of nonperishable food.
- Manual can opener.
- First-aid kit.
- Flashlights and lanterns.
- Whistle to signal for help.