- 1 How many feet do you have to stop before a bus?
- 2 What are the rules of a school bus?
- 3 Do you have to stop for a school bus on a 4 lane road in Illinois?
- 4 What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to turn?
- 5 What is the three second rule?
- 6 What is the bus rule?
- 7 What is the safest seat on a school bus?
- 8 What are the safety rules on a bus?
- 9 What is the penalty for being convicted of illegally passing a stopped school bus in Illinois?
- 10 When a school bus is loading or unloading students you do not need to stop?
- 11 How many feet do you have to put your blinker on?
- 12 What should a driver do when he she gets to speed bump?
- 13 What is the most important and safest thing a driver can do before driving away?
- 14 What must a driver do if he she?
How many feet do you have to stop before a bus?
The driver of a vehicle on meeting, from either direction, any school bus flashing red lights must stop the vehicle at no closer than 15 feet before reaching the school bus. The driver may not proceed until the flashing red lights are no longer activated.
What are the rules of a school bus?
The following list identifies some rules that should be followed each time students board a school bus:
- Students must remain seated at all times while the bus is in motion.
- Students must wear a seatbelt while on the bus.
- Students must keep the aisle clear at all times.
- Students must keep their volume at a minimal level.
Do you have to stop for a school bus on a 4 lane road in Illinois?
When a school bus is traveling on a four-lane roadway with at least two lanes of traffic traveling in the opposite direction, only those lanes of traffic traveling in the same direction as the school bus must stop.
What is the first thing a driver should do after deciding to turn?
First you will need to stop at the stop line, make sure that you do not interfere with pedestrians, bicyclists, or vehicles moving on their green light, and make a turn. If a street has a left turn lane, you must use it when you turn left.
What is the three second rule?
Basically, you should always allow three full seconds between yourself and the vehicle in front of you. If you find that you’ve passed the marker point before you finish counting the three seconds, you are following the other vehicle too closely. This simple rule works no matter what speed you’re traveling at.
What is the bus rule?
The “bus factor” is the minimum number of team members that have to suddenly disappear from a project before the project stalls due to lack of knowledgeable or competent personnel. The expression “hit by a bus” describes a person either dying or more generally disappearing suddenly from the project.
What is the safest seat on a school bus?
The safest seat in a school bus is generally in the middle, in an aisle seat on the right hand side, between the tires. It’s safer if there’s a head-on, side and rear-end collision.
What are the safety rules on a bus?
Rules for Riding the Bus Safely
- Take your seat promptly and sit properly, facing forward at all times.
- Place bags and parcels under your seat or on your lap.
- Keep the aisle of the bus clear at all times.
- Always keep your head, hands and arms inside the bus.
- Throwing objects inside or outside of the bus is not permitted.
What is the penalty for being convicted of illegally passing a stopped school bus in Illinois?
First offense – mandatory minimum fine of $150 and 3-month suspension of driver’s license. within five years – mandatory minimum fine of $500 and one year suspension of driver’s license. A motorist cited for illegally passing a school bus is not eligible for court supervision.
When a school bus is loading or unloading students you do not need to stop?
You must stop at least thirty feet from a stopped school bus that is loading or unloading children. This is required by law whether you are meeting the bus or traveling behind it.
You can signal with your hand and arm or with your vehicle’s turn signals and brake lights. You should signal at least 100 feet before you turn so the other drivers can be ready. Check your vehicle’s turn signals often to ensure they are working properly.
What should a driver do when he she gets to speed bump?
The best and most comfortable way to go over a speed bump is to accelerate moderately or avoid braking when going over the bump. When you brake, the front end of your vehicle is lowered while accelerating lifts it. Slow down, release the brake before the bump, once you reach the top of the bump, accelerate.
What is the most important and safest thing a driver can do before driving away?
What is the most important and safest thing a driver can do before driving away? Put on a safety belt and turn off electronics. Illegal in Maryland if the vehicle is unattended and is not necessary. Check all mirrors, complete head checks, and use back up cameras if available.
What must a driver do if he she?
Terms in this set (10) What must a driver do if he/she sees an emergency vehicle on the side of the road next to his/her lane of travel with lights flashing and/or sirens on? Changing lanes if safe and possible or, if not possible, slow down to a safe and prudent speed.