- 1 How many points can a bus driver have?
- 2 How many penalty points will make you ineligible as a school bus driver anywhere in Texas?
- 3 What are the entry requirements for a bus driver?
- 4 How many mirrors does a typical school bus have?
- 5 Can bus drivers speed?
- 6 Do bus drivers get free travel?
- 7 Is learning to drive a school bus hard?
- 8 What type of driver’s license do I need to drive a school bus in Texas?
- 9 What is the stopping distance from a school bus?
- 10 How difficult is driving a bus?
- 11 What skills do a bus driver need?
- 12 How much do coach drivers get paid?
- 13 What do outside crossover mirrors allow a driver to see?
- 14 What should you be looking for in your left flat mirror?
How many points can a bus driver have?
Great customer service skills – you’re our public face. A full UK driving licence (max 6 points ). If you have held your licence for under 2 years, you must have no penalty points at all on your licence.
How many penalty points will make you ineligible as a school bus driver anywhere in Texas?
Any person who has accumulated ten (10) or more penalty points shall be considered ineligible to transport pupils until such time as he/she may become qualified.
What are the entry requirements for a bus driver?
To become a bus or coach driver, you will need to complete training for a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) licence and the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC Driver). To start training with a company, you must hold a full EU driving licence and be aged at least 18.
How many mirrors does a typical school bus have?
There are many more mirrors on a school bus than on a car. Buses have 7 mirrors; one interior rearview mirror and 6 external mirrors (3 to monitor each side.)
Can bus drivers speed?
California Vehicle Code 22406 VC imposes a maximum speed limit of 55 miles per hour for drivers of trucks and buses, when upon a California freeway. Drivers that violate this code section must pay a fine.
Do bus drivers get free travel?
You may be eligible for a National Concessionary Scheme Pass which allows you to travel free on all bus services in England.
Is learning to drive a school bus hard?
School districts across the country are struggling to fill vital school bus driver positions. There’s a reason that great school bus drivers are difficult to find and keep: driving a school bus requires more than just driving skill and patience. The job requires a unique skill set, and it’s not as easy as you’d think.
What type of driver’s license do I need to drive a school bus in Texas?
To become a school bus driver in the state of Texas you must: Obtain a Texas Commercial Driver’s License –Class B with a passenger, and school bus endorsement. Pass a DOT physical annually and pre-employment drug testing.
What is the stopping distance from a school bus?
You must stop your vehicle at least 20 feet before reaching a school bus that is stopped with its red lights flashing whether it is on your side of the road, the opposite side of the road, or at an intersection you are approaching. You must remain stopped until the flashing red lights are no longer operating.
How difficult is driving a bus?
Driving a bus is not that much more complicated than driving a car. You do have to be more careful, given the length and weight of a bus, as well as the responsibility you have to your passengers. However, the basics are the same, though you may need to learn to shift if you’ve never driven a standard before.
What skills do a bus driver need?
As a Bus Driver, what are the key skills I need to have?
- Excellent knowledge of the roads and routes you’re driving on.
- Confident driving skills.
- Excellent understanding of the highway code and traffic regulations.
- Patient, responsible, assertive and understanding manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
How much do coach drivers get paid?
Start on £12.65 per hour, rising to £13.81 per hour after two years employment.
What do outside crossover mirrors allow a driver to see?
What do outside crossover mirrors allow a driver to see? Crossover mirrors are used to help a school bus driver see the danger zone area directly in front of the bus, as well as the danger zone areas to the left and right sides of the bus, including the area from the front of the bus to the service door.
What should you be looking for in your left flat mirror?
The left flat mirror There are 3 main things the driver must be able to see: 1 inch of the tire, the rear tire and 200 feet behind the bus. 2. The bus driver must be able to see a narrow strip of the bus measuring about 1”. Seeing 1” of the bus helps the driver determine alignment.