- 1 Is the Class B CDL test hard?
- 2 How is the CDL pre-trip test graded?
- 3 What does the CDL skills test consist of?
- 4 Is getting CDL worth it?
- 5 Is a CDL a good investment?
- 6 How can I pass my CDL road test?
- 7 What is the best paid CDL training company?
- 8 Is there a truck driver shortage 2020?
- 9 How long are truck drivers away from home?
Is the Class B CDL test hard?
The written CDL exam is not very difficult for most to pass. The driving portion of the test is a bit trickier, but the written part shouldn’t be too much trouble if you spend a reasonable amount of time studying the CDL manual and you take our free online practice CDL Tests to help you out!
How is the CDL pre-trip test graded?
The written test has 40 questions, worth two points apiece. The highest score possible is 80 points. The pre-trip inspection presents 15 defects, five of which are worth 12 points and 10 of which are worth four points. The highest score possible is 100 points.
What does the CDL skills test consist of?
Your skills test will include the pre-trip inspection, road test, and backing tests. You must pass all 3 exams to get your CDL. The specific types of backing tests will vary by state, so check with your state DMV or licensing bureau.
Is getting CDL worth it?
Yes, it is worth it, but only if you are going to use it. You have a lot of steps you must go through to get a CDL and if you are not going to use it then it is a waste of time and money. You can use your CDL either at local businesses or long-distance jobs.
Is a CDL a good investment?
So Are CDL Schools Worth It? Yes. Indeed they are. Investing either your time (to attend a paid CDL training school/job) or your money (to attend a private trucking school) is certainly worth your investment.
How can I pass my CDL road test?
8 CDL Road Test tips
- Go into the test knowing what to expect.
- Use your resources – before and during the test.
- Find other ways to study, if needed.
- Include practicing within your studying.
- Set yourself up for success.
- Get there early to practice.
- Don’t focus on how many mistakes you can make and still pass.
What is the best paid CDL training company?
RECOMMENDED PAID CDL TRAINING SCHOOLS
- PRIME TRUCKING.
- MAVERICK TRANSPORTATION.
Is there a truck driver shortage 2020?
There appears to be a shortage of qualified professional truck drivers because drivers are leaving the industry and searching for jobs that offer better pay, benefits and working conditions. They’re simply not happy or satisfied with the lifestyle driving a truck for a living provides.
How long are truck drivers away from home?
How long do drivers usually stay out on the road? Over-the-road drivers typically stay out for 4-6 weeks at a time before coming home. There are, however, many drivers who prefer to stay out longer, or take “home time” somewhere other than their actual home.